The Mattress You Would Like to Have Now

These tips will allow you to make the right choice and replace the fact of lying on the mattress to try it. By following our recommendations, you will find the right level of comfort, firmness, density and size that suit your particular case. And in addition, you will pay less than in store.

When should I change my mattress?

It is advisable to change your mattress every 10 years, beyond, the bedding loses 30% of its original qualities and no longer offers sufficient performance for a good quality of sleep. Bumps, dings or sagged edges are also signs of deterioration. When it comes to the mattress, the avocado green review can be useful there.

Mattress choose

Likewise, if you have recurrent back pain upon waking, it is high time to change your mattress.

The natural latex solution

The core (or block) of the mattress provides the main support for the sleeper and determines its firmness.

The three most common types of technology are:

  • foam
  • springs
  • latex

If you change technology, you will surely need a little time to adapt to appreciate all the comfort. Note that latex mattresses are known to be the least deformable and the most comfortable. However, most are mainly made of synthetic latex with an often low proportion of natural latex. Like polyurethane, the main component of so-called foam mattresses, synthetic latex is obtained from petroleum following polluting chemical treatments.

For your mattress, prefer natural latex

Conversely, natural latex, produced from rubber tree sap , is less costly in energy and less polluting.

Natural latex

  • Natural latex is the most ecological choice for the soul of your mattress

And the advantages of this renewable raw material are numerous:

  • It makes it possible to design dense and extremely flexible mattresses.
  • It offers better adaptation to the spine, whatever the morphology.
  • Very resistant, it only loses 5% of its elasticity after 10 years of use.
  • Its longevity is longer (around 12 years against 5 to 7 years for synthetic latex).
  • It has antibacterial and anti-mite qualities.
  • Very airy, it retains neither heat nor humidity.

As a reminder

The designation “100% natural latex mattress” is regulated: it requires at least 85% natural latex. Some brands have chosen to actually put 100% natural latex, while others will be content with the regulatory 85% by adding synthetic latex for the remaining 15% (maximum actual rate 96-97%, the rest being vulcanizing agents, necessary to transform the latex from its natural liquid form into foam).

  • Be careful not to confuse “100% Natural Latex” and “100% Latex”. In the latter case, it is synthetic latex.
  • Be aware that the higher the percentage of natural latex, the better the elasticity and breathability of the mattress.
  • It is therefore preferable to select a mattress using a 100% natural latex, directly derived from rubber sap, produced without chemical addition, and with a density of 6 5 kg / m 3 minimum.

Choose 100% natural and ethical latex for your mattress

Always prefer products from GOLS certified plantations (Global Organic Latex Standard) which guarantees organic and ethical latex.

  • Real favorite of the editorial staff for this mattress 100% without petroleum derivatives, recyclable and biodegradable and delivered with a washable cover for easier maintenance.

It is also manufactured by a responsible company since it has joined the 1% movement for the planet and distributes 1% of its turnover to environmental preservation associations.

Kenneth Bennett

Atticus Bennett: Atticus, a sports nutritionist, provides dietary advice for athletes, tips for muscle recovery, and nutrition plans to support peak performance.