COVID-19 is the infamous virus that took over the globe and scared the entire population. Everyone was extremely terrified to leave their premises. COVID seriously locked us inside of our own homes. Everywhere either people were seen buying extra masks, sanitisers, immunity supplements or were getting an RT PCR test done. The whole world was cautious with what they touched and what they eat. People were washing hands to a whole new extent and maintaining huge social distance to avoid getting in contact with the virus. For these two years, the entire system worked through online mediums while the offline mode took a backseat. Companies saw this as an opportunity to expand their profits. Every other shop was selling the essentials like masks and sanitisers.
Currently, the situation seems quite dialled down. No scary numbers about people affected with the virus and no significant deaths related to it. However, the World Health Organisation is still pleading with people to follow the COVID-19 regulations and to wear masks.
Are Face Masks Forever?
Well, this is the most asked question. When COVID entered our lives it brought the mask trend along with it. The year 2020 introduced a lot of new things and masks were one of them. Face masks are very effective when it comes to protecting us from the virus. Although, you need to pair it up with other measures as well. Masks filter out the virus when you inhale and also protect others when you exhale. People with low immune strength should continue to wear masks as the virus is still pretty much prevalent. Below are the types of masks you can wear:
- KN95 & N95: these were very popular during the first and second waves of COVID-19. You can still use these masks if you are going into a COVID prone zone.
- Surgical Masks: These masks do not provide protection compared to the above-mentioned masks but they are still quite helpful. Especially in today’s scenario where masks have been made optional.
- Cloth Masks: Cloth masks are very comfortable and super useful. These can be worn anywhere provided they are double or triple-layered.
It is still advisable to wear masks when you are stepping out in public. However, the question of whether masks are here to stay is still quite difficult to answer. We don’t know about forever but currently, it is going to be a part of your routine for a long time.
COVID 19 rules that one should follow
According to the rules laid out by the WHO, everyone should continue following the COVID-19 precautions.
- Complete your vaccination doses on time.
- Maintain physical and social distance as much as possible. Avoid crowded areas especially if you see people not wearing masks.
- Continue to wear a mask. Make sure that your mask should fit your face properly to provide effective protection.
- Wash your hands frequently. Use sanitisers if you are outdoors and have touched common surfaces.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow. Throw away those tissues immediately and wash your hands or sanitise.
- Isolate yourself if you fall sick. This will protect others and will also help your immune system to regain its strength.
- Get a test done if you suspect the symptoms of COVID-19.
As we mentioned above COVID-19 took a toll on our lives very seriously. Therefore, even if the situation seems pretty normal it is crucial to be cautious. Follow the above rule and eat healthy food to avoid the virus. This is a very lethal virus and we have seen it destroy lives. Hence, it is better to follow the precautions than be sorry later.