Looking for something that’s better than a body moisturiser? Look no further – body butters are here! It’s a must-have if you’re looking for hydrated, glowing skin.
We’re here to tell you how to use body butter and the secret ingredient you should look for when choosing a butter for your skin!
Why body butter and how to use it
Because it is thicker, more intense in hydration and deeply moisturises your skin, body butters are the new body lotions. Especially during the harsh, dry winter season, body butter will be your skin’s best friend.
What’s the best way to apply body butter? You can use it in your morning or night-time skincare regimens based on the effect you desire.
- In the morning, right after you take a shower or bath is generally advised. Make sure your skin is not completely towel-dried – just lightly pat the towel on your skin but leave some moisture on. This way, when you scoop a dollop of the butter and apply it on your skin, it will get easily absorbed when you massage it in.
Application tip: While applying the body butter, make sure your elbows, knees, hands, and feet are not left out. These are the areas which dry out more than other parts of your body, so they need all the nourishment they can get.
- Another efficient way of applying the body butter is right before you go to bed. This gives your skin an intensive moisturising effect overnight.
Application tip: If you apply it to your feet during this night routine, give yourself a treat by wearing cosy socks to lock in this beautiful moisture!
Coconutty butter – how does it help?
A coconut oil infused body butter is the absolute coco bliss for your skin, no matter what type. When used the right way, a coconutty body butter has a plethora of benefits for your skin. Instead of the ground paste or flesh of coconuts, using the by-product of oil imparts all the goodness to a body butter. Here’s how – the virgin coconut oil benefits for skin:
- Lightens the skin – Virgin coconut oil contains lauric acids, which reduces inflammation on the skin and removes pigmentation and dark circles. With regular usage, it also reduces dark spots on your face and soothes irritation and itch.
- Nourishes your skin – Virgin coconut oil is rich in fatty acids and antioxidants that deeply hydrates your skin from within. It is also known to penetrate 10 layers deep into your skin and provide adequate nourishment while restoring lost moisture. Therefore, it is an excellent moisturiser for softening your dry skin and making it smooth and supple.
- Has anti-ageing properties – One of the lesser-known virgin coconut oil benefits for face is its anti-ageing properties. It is rich in vitamin E and A that reduces the damage caused by free radicals of the sun and slows down the ageing process.
- Protection against UV rays – Virgin coconut oil has also been known to protect you against the harmful rays of the sun. It forms a protective barrier on your skin that keeps away harmful radiation and thus prevents skin tan or sunburn.
Using coconut body butter has double the effect in a single bottle of goodness. And if you choose the Coco Soul Body Butter, it is Ayurvedic goodness! It works like a beauty elixir by replenishing your skin with an enviable glow. It is rich in antioxidants and other nurturing compounds that heal damaged skin and remove dryness and signs of ageing. This sulphate and paraben-free body butter cream is one of the natural organic products available to you.