With the cost of medical treatment and prescriptions constantly on the rise, and unemployment being higher than ever, more and more people are finding getting even the most basic medical care impossible. For many people who are living paycheck to paycheck, going to the doctor can mean that they are going to be short on rent, or will have to skip a meal. But health is extremely important and effects your quality of life. If you can’t afford health insurance, and therefore have to sacrifice medical care you sh
ould look into a discount health plan. Here are 5 reasons why you need discount health care if you’re under or uninsured.
1) The first and most important reason to sign onto a discount health care plan is that you can still get the medical treatment you need without going broke. Going to the doctor, whether it’s for something like a routine physical or for something more serious, shouldn’t be a luxury. It’s a necessity to maintain a healthy life. So with a discount health plan, you can have affordable access to this vital medical treatment.
2) Another great reason to sign up for a discount medical plan is that you don’t have to worry about not qualifying because of pre-existing conditions. Anyone, regardless of their current medical condition can qualify.
3) With a discount medical plan, you also don’t have to worry about filing complicated claim forms and then waiting for your benefits to kick in. Discount medical plans work almost like a money-saving coupon. When you pay for your services rendered, you then receive the discount right away–something people who are lacking funds can really appreciate.
4) Another great reason to sign up for a discount health care plan is that your whole household can benefit from the savings. Of course it would depend on the plan and company you choose to get your discount health care benefits from, but that means that your children (typically 25 years and under) living in your household, along with your spouse, and any parents 60 or older living with you can enjoy the benefits of your discount medical plan.
5) Arguably, one of the most appealing aspects of a discount medical plan is that you don’t have to worry about your membership being denied for any reasons. Unlike traditional insurance, a discount medical plan has no restrictions, exclusions, and you don’t need a physical to qualify. In addition, since it is unlike a traditional medical insurance plan, you don’t need to worry about benefit caps.
All in all, your health isn’t something that you should leave hanging in the unknown. If you can’t afford a traditional health care plan and can’t get the medical attention and prescriptions you need, then you should most definitely look into a discount health care plan. Your health is your livelihood and you should do all you can to keep it going strong. Make it happen and sign up for a discount health plan today.