Skin issues are common among dogs and cats. In dogs, skin infection can be caused due to bacteria, yeast (fungus) and parasitic (mites). Moreover, yeast infection is more prevalent in the warmer season. In yeast infection, your dog faces itching in ears and paws. Whereas in bacterial infection dog breaks its own skin due to heavy scratching.
A bacterial infection is also known as Pyoderma and easily treatable through medications and other natural remedies. Most vets recommend anti-fungal and antibiotics medicines for skin infection along with a medicated shampoo. You can buy all the medicines through Canadian Pharmacy at genuine rate.
Here, in this article, we discuss some tips through which you can easily cure skin infection in your pet.
Main Causes of Skin Infection:
Before moving further, let’s find out the leading causes of skin infection among pets.
- Your pet is suffered from allergy.
- Dogs who have floppy ears
- Dogs continuously lick at their skin.
- Breeds with heavy skin folds.
- Chances of skin infection increased in pets when their skin is cut or wounded.
Symptoms of Skin Infection:
With the help of following visual symptoms, you can easily know that your pet is suffered from a skin infection.
- Crusted Skin
- Hair Loss
- Raised lesions
- Dried discharge in the affected part
Tips to Cure Skin Infection:
If you diagnose skin issues in your canine companion at the initial stage then its recovery is a bit easier. You can give them preventive measures on a monthly basis as it will protect them from future health issues. Let’s find out some natural remedies to cure skin infection among pets.
- Vitamin E oil: To keep your pet’s skin healthy apply Vitamin E oil on it regularly. Its’ antioxidant properties protect their skin from UV radiation and maintain his/her youthful glow. Also beneficial for pet’s whose skin is dry. So, message Vitamin E oil on your dog’s coat.
- Chamomile Tea: The primary and effective treatment for minor skin irritation is chamomile tea. Apply it on the affected area with the help of spray and it gives immediate relief to your lovable pet’s itchy skin.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal gives instant relief in skin allergies and superficial infection due to its anti-inflammatory properties. More helpful for dog’s itchy skin and contains no-side effects because oatmeal is 100 per cent non-toxic.
- Medications: Along with home remedies, medication has been also necessary if an infection is deeper. Antibiotics and antifungal medicines are recommended by vets in skin issues. The main thing is to finish all the medication as per the prescription so that it resists infection from occurring.
- Improve Your Pet’s Health: If your dog’s immune system is strong then it will easily fight with bacteria and fungus which causes infection. If your pet has a lot of skin fold then clean it daily with shampoo and use medicine on it as recommended by your vet. Managing allergies and change their diet to prevent them from these skin issues.
As a pet parent, it’s your responsibility to manage all these issues and give them a healthy, long as well as a happy life.