This is also the case for commonly available products with a higher CBD content and a minimum THC content, including oils, capsules or elixirs.
Effects Of Cbd On Various Doses
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive component of a cannabis plant. Over the last ten years or so, scientists have revealed the rich therapeutic potential of this cannabinoid in a number of studies. For example, recent clinical trials of high CBD-containing drugs have shown that this form of treatment has successfully reduced epileptic seizures in almost all patients receiving CBD. Its potent anti-inflammatory properties also offer promising therapeutic potential. Inflammation is the main cause of pain and accompanies a variety of diseases ranging from arthritis to depression. At the la brea cannabis dispensary you can find the best options available.
How To Determine The Appropriate Dose?
C BD is usually taken orally in the form of drops or tincture and applied under the tongue. The following general guidelines apply when determining the dose of CBD, but these should be taken as a guideline since each person responds individually to cannabinoids:
- Overall health enhancement: 2.1-15 mg CBD daily (oral)
- Chronic pain : 2.5-20 mg CBD daily for +/- 25 days (oral)
- Sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD daily (oral)
- Epilepsy: 200-300 mg CBD daily up to 4.5 months (oral)
- Huntington’s disease related to movement problems: 10 mg / kg body weight per day for 6 weeks (oral)
- Symptoms of multiple sclerosis: 2.5 to 120 mg CBD daily for 2-15 weeks (oral)
- Schizophrenia: 40-1,280 mg CBD daily (oral)
- Depression: 5-10 mg CBD daily (oral)
- Lyme disease: 20-60mg CBD daily (oral)
- Tinnitus: 10-20 mg CBD daily (5-10 mg in the morning, 5-10 mg in the evening)
How Much Is One Drop Of CBD Oil?
10 ml has approximately 250 drops. Here are examples for different content:
- 5% oil / 500mg / 10ml – 500mg divided by 250 drops are 2mg in one drop
- 10% oil / 1000mg / 10ml – 4mg per drop
- 20% oil / 2000mg / 10ml – 8mg per drop
Additional Tips For Determining A Suitable Dose Of Cbd
But how do we determine the right dose for us? If you have never tried products with a higher CBD content, you should know a few things. The media are mostly concerned with the effects of CBD on seizures and epilepsy, while preclinical and unofficial evidence suggests that this cannabinoid can suppress anxiety, improve mood, relieve pain, and protect the brain.
However, a suitable dose of CBD is a very individual matter. For example, patients with epilepsy usually use extracts with a high CBD content, and a person who only needs to relax after a hard day will need a significantly lower dose.
Start with a small dose
When starting with CBD, it is best to use the smallest dose. As with any new product, it is important to know how your body reacts to it before increasing the dose.
Consider your weight
The optimal dose of CBD may be different for each person. In general, larger people are taking larger doses of CBD than smaller people. With CBD, it is easy to add or remove a few milligrams at any time according to your personal needs.
Consult an expert
If you have any health problems, always consult your doctor or CBD dealer before using CBD.